Deniz Ertaş van Gennip is the young and ambitious owner and main BASI (Body Arts and Science International) Pilates Certified instructor of Change with Pilates Studio at Bomonti, Istanbul
During her four year bachelor education of Contemporary Dance in Mimar Sinan Fine Art University, she was diagnosed with a mild degree of Scoliosis.
While taking Pilates classes at the university, she realized how it lessens the pain the scoliosis has been causing. By giving Pilates a fundamental place in her daily rutine, her chronic lower back pain decreased and weak back muscles became stronger. Her abdominals got stronger and her posture changed, dramatically improving her way of walking.
To share awareness of the body, recognizing pain, various ways of self-healing and the ability to change one’s body for better health and longevity is the main principle of her classes.
Deniz teaches body-mind harmony with special programme for the needs of each individual at her boutique studio.See me at official BASI Pilates trainers page
- Atılım University, Department of Psychology, B.A Degree, 2009
- Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Contemporary Dance, B.A Degree, 2017
- Basi Pilates Comprehensive Teacher Training, Istanbul, 2017
- Pilates Through Pregnancy and Beyond, Ashley Ritchie, Istanbul, 2017
- Pilates with Foam Roller, Maria Sylla, 2017
- Stretching within Strengthening, Sondra Karman , Istanbul , 2018
- Powerhouse of Shoulder, Sondra Karman , İstanbul , 2018
- Hip Joint Exploration, Maria Sylla, 2018